Lower School at Trinity is an active, purposeful, and developmentally appropriate learning environment, a place where teachers meet children at their “growing edge” and encourage them to be all that they can be. Children in Kindergarten through Grade Three benefit from hallmark programs including:
- Daily worship in All Saints' Chapel, where children come together for praise, prayer, and instruction about the Christian faith.
- Montessori Language and Mathematics (Kindergarten) developing foundational skills with phonemic awareness and phonics necessary to unlock the code for reading and foundational skills with the base ten system necessary to understand mathematics.
- Guided Reading (Kindergarten – Grade Three), an approach to reading instruction allowing students to engage with more complex texts as they are ready.
- Optional reading instruction using “Take Flight” for children who may be dyslexic.
- Everyday Mathematics (Grades One – Three), an approach to math instruction emphasizing application of thinking skills to problem solving, as well as basic skills.
- FOSS (Full Option Science System) developed by the Lawrence Hall of Science, supporting investigation and discovery that builds both concepts and processes.
- Spanish instruction using the FLES Program, building both curiosity for and competency with a second language while immersing children in the joy of another culture.
- Art and Music classes taught by specialists in the disciplines, talented professionals in their own right.
- Regular physical education and recess time allowing for the development of the body and supporting the development of the intellect.